Thursday, March 4, 2010

First Outside Contribution (Sniff . . . )


Hey, how about that lion, eh? This, my friends, is a fine crayon on paper rendition of a lion done by my niece Molly, earlier this year. And since her mother allowed me to rip it from her Facebook album, I'm calling this one the first outside contribution to the My Refrigerator Blog. Remember, if you've got kids and they've got art, send them (the art, not the kids; I've got three already and that's plenty) along and I'll post them here.

I love how animals almost always look happy in kids' drawings. This lion, for instance, has such as sweet, innocent smile, belying the fact that it likely stalked and at a springboek earlier in the day. I think that happiness shows that kids generally have a pretty optimistic outlook on life, or at least on wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment