Friday, March 12, 2010

Captain Caveman

Our oldest, a fourth-grader, is prone to using his art to shame or punish his parents for catching him on some indiscretion he's committed. So on occasion we get some really funny art/chastisement from him. Such as this:



And this:



Technically, he was mad at Mom, but also mad at me for backing Mom up. But since he has to try to get back into Mom's good graces before any punishment is lifted, he tends to soften his pictures of her. Hence the smiling cavewoman. She does match, though, whereas I do not. But since I'm the enforcer, I'm still portrayed as an almost equal to a snarling, unshaven Neanderthal which is, of course, fitting, since in true life I am a snarling, unshaven Neanderthal.

Such is the life of parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment