Friday, September 24, 2010

The Nerd


Anyone need a good stock drawing of a nerd? Here it is.

This is from our oldest, who, a few days ago, was stewing about what he was going to do when he's grown up. After he got the standard lecture of "you've got time to think about this; just concentrate on good grades and such" and an aside from Dad "hey, I didn't want to be a technical writer when I was a kid, now look at me" (That may actually be a good reason to plan ahead, come to think of it). mom mentioned "Be a cartoonist. You're good at it."

He got a big smile on his fifth-grader face. "I like that," he said. "But I can't draw Garfield."

"Don't draw Garfield," we said.

Nevertheless, Jim Davis' venerable comic strip is a deep source of inspiration for our son. That's where "The Nerd" comes from. I know Jon Arbuckle doesn't have the buck teeth, but he certainly does dress like this on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment